ECCM Graduate School 2023
The ECCM Graduate School will take place in Noordwijk, 13-16 June 2023
The scope of the ECCM Graduate School 2023 is “Electrochemistry for green energy and material transition”, which captures their aim to bring together experts from academia and industry, and discusse the pivotal role of electrochemical processes for a sustainable society. The ECCM Graduate School 2023 is intended for young academic researchers and scientists from industry, and strives for a balanced mix of participants.
You can pre-register here before Friday 31 March 2023 - you will be notified about your participation before 15 April 2023.
All information can be found on the website, including the preliminary programme with this line-up of speakers:
- Marc Koper (University of Leiden), Fundamentals of Electrochemistry
- Petra de Jongh (University of Utrecht), Electrodes and materials for electrochemical conversion
- Amanda Garcia (University of Amsterdam), Marco Altomare (University of Twente), Best practices in electrochemistry
- Earl Goetheer (HighTechXL), Scale-up of electrochemical processes: hurdles and opportunities
- Rob Lammertink (University of Twente), Mass transport in electrochemical processes
- Michele Tedesco (TNO/Wetsus), Ion exchange and bipolar membranes
- Vincent Vivier (Sorbonne University), Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy
- Rik Mom (University of Leiden), Ward van der Stam (University of Utrecht), X-ray and vibrational spectroscopy in electrochemistry
- Antoni Cuenca (Eindhoven University of Technology), Redox flow batteries: Fundamentals and challenges
- Thijs de Groot (HyCC/Eindhoven University of Technology), Industrial water and chlor-alkali electrolysis
- Frans van Berkel & Michiel Langerman (TNO), High Temperature Fuel Cells and Electrolysis: From Fundamentals to Application
- Tom Burdyny (Delft University of Technology), Electrochemical CO2 conversion
- Joost Reek (University of Amsterdam), Supramolecular approaches in solar to fuel devices based on molecular components
- Andrea Ramirez (Delft University of Technology), System integration
- Mattijs Slee (Battolyser Systems), A business perspective on electrochemistry in a net-zero world
The next Han-sur-Lesse Winterschool will take place from 5 - 9June 2023.
The Han-sur-Lesse winterschool for physical chemistry has a long tradition to train PhD/PostDoc students of the Netherlands in the basics of static and dynamical aspects of Colloidal, Soft matter, Biophysics, Material science theory and applications. Every year at the end of January or early February up to 35 students come to the Belgian Ardennes town of Han-sur-Lesse to learn from distinguished senior scientists from across Dutch universities such as Technical University Delft, University of Amsterdam, Free University of Amsterdam, University of Utrecht, Twente University, Technical University Eindhoven, Leiden University, and Wageningen University.A series of lectures with a common theme is presented with alternating emphasis on Equilibrium and Dynamical aspects. Because of this alternating selection of topics we encourage all PhD students to enroll in two consecutive year. Topics vary, but typically one can expect to learn about: statistical thermodynamics, computer simulations, scattering techniques, wetting phenomena, colloid assemblies, liquid crystals, (non-equilibrium) thermodynamics, polymer theory, rheology, forces in biology. We expect that the applicants have an MSc- entry level in physical chemistry or comparable study.eywords that characterize this school are: state of the art lectures; problem solving; personal coaching; relaxed atmosphere, nature hikes, excellent food (also for vegetarians), socializing drinks, organized transportation from/to Utrecht central station.
For further information about this event, please check the new website of the Han-sur-Lesse Winterschool, or use the contact form.
The programe can be found here: https://hslwinterschool.com/program/
Register here: https://hslwinterschool.com/regitration/
Ameland Summer School Smart Materials
Hotel-Resort Amelander Kaap, Hollum, Ameland
May 29 (Arrival May 28) - June 2, 2017
** This event took place already. **
More information and a picture report can be found here: