Graduate Courses at 4TU
The 4TU's, Delft and Eindhoven University of Technology, University of Twente and Wageningen UR, have opened up their Doctoral Education training programmes to each other’s doctoral candidates. You can enroll in their Doctoral Education courses.
Most of these are competences, skills and career oriented courses.
Doctoral Education Programme Delft University of Technology
PROOF Program Eindhoven University of Technology
Twente Graduate School
Graduate School Courses Wageningen UR
(Source: TU Delft, information on 4TU Courses)
Discipline-related skills will improve your breadth of knowledge and, therefore, add to the quality of your doctoral research.
Discipline-related Doctoral Courses (2021/2022) at the Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering (3mE) Faculty, TU Delft:
- The Physics of Arc Welding, by prof.dr.ir. Ian Richardson
- Dislocations, by prof.dr.ir. Jilt Sietsma
- Imperfections in Crystaline Solids, by dr.ir. Marcel Sluiter and prof.dr. Guido Janssen
- Application of electron back scatter diffraction in analysis of phase transformations and deformation, by prof.dr. Roumen Petrov and prof.dr.ir. Leo Kestens
- Adhesion Science, Engineering and Technology, by prof.dr.ir. Arjan Mol and dr. Peyman Taheri
- Structuring your design-oriented PhD project, by prof.dr.ir. Just Herder and dr.ir. Regine Vroom
- How to write a scientific paper (and get it published), by prof.dr. Dariu M. Gavrila
- Introduction to Electrochemistry, Electrochemical methods and applications, by dr. Yaiza Gonzalez-Garcia
- Thermodynamics for processes and systems 1, by dr. P.V. Aravind and ir. Theo Woudstra
- Thermodynamics for processes and systems 2, by dr. P.V. Aravind and ir. Theo Woudstra
Discipline-related courses can be followed at Research Schools.
The Dutch research school for fluid mechanics
CISM-Complex flows and complex fluids (4-8 April 2022)
Capillarity-driven flows in microfluidics (9-13 May 2022)
- Burgers Symposium, Lunteren
8-9 June 2022
Casimir Research School
Joint research school in interdisciplinary physics (Leiden and Delft)
- Current Casimir Courses and Workshops:
Casimir Course - Hot Topics in Quantum Nanoscience and Bionanoscience. Exemplary topics are: topological insulators, mesoscopic quantum gravity, string theory for condensed matter, measurement-based quantum computing, quantum-limited sensors, Majorana Fermions, fast-light with single photons, etc.
Casimir Course: Theoretical Biophysics
Delta ITP Course Advanced Topics in Theoretical Physics: Hydrodynamics and collective dynamics
QuTech Academy Course - Special Topics in Quantum Technology: Theoretical Modeling of Superconducting Devices
QuTech Academy Course - Electronics for Quantum Computation
Casimir Course - Topology in Condensed Matter
Netherlands Institute for Catalysis Research
Graduate School on Engineering Mechanics
Graduate EM Courses
Solving Structural Acoustic Couple Problems
Mechanics in micro-systems
Discontinuities, interfaces, fluid-structure interaction and multi-phase problems
Experimental engineering mechanics
Multi-scale and micro-mechanics
Mechanics of large deformations
Ohter courses, regularly given:
Stability of Structures
Optimization and parameter identification
Reliability, Lifetime and System Health
Nonlinear Material Mechanics
Solutions methods in computational mechanics
Onderzoekschool Procestechnologie (OSTP)
National Dutch Graduate School of
Polymer Science and Technology (PTN)
- Next Module, September - December 2022:
RPK-B 'Polymer Physics'
- Spring 2023
RPK-C 2019 'Polymer Properties'
- Autumn 2023:
RPK-D 'Rheology & Polymer Processing'
- Training Programme Coating Technology
Dutch Research School of Philosophy
- ReMA / PhD Student Program
Philosophy of Responsible Innovation (this one took place in January 2022)
(More information will follow later...)