Types of fellowships
The 4TU Resilience Fellowship programme has three categories: Young Resilience Fellows, Resilience Fellows and Resilience Ambassadors. Fellows are selected by the participating universities (see call for proposals). Ambassadors are appointed by the Scientific Steering Group.
What do we offer?
- Affiliation to the 4TU Centre for Resilience Engineering with a Resilience Fellow Certificate and visibility on our 4TU RE website.
- Access to our network of researchers and experts from different domains (e.g., energy, water, transport, ICT, agri-food, urban) across different disciplines in RE.
- Possibilities to connect directly to research and education on RE, for example by:
- Organising a workshop around your case at the annual conferences;
- Collaborating on an article for an academic or professional journal;
- Developing a project proposal together with staff from the 4TUs.
Considering the outbreak of covid-2019, we encourage applicants to consider new and creative forms of engagement and cooperation to either replace or complement an actual research visit.
Call for proposals
The call for proposals for (Young) Resilience Fellows has passed.
If you have submitted an application, the interdisciplinary committee will assess your proposal on the following criteria:
- Clarity and relevance of planned activities and outputs.
Does the application specify concrete activities and outputs that advance our understanding for social-technical-environmental systems?
- Quality and added value of the proposed collaboration.
To what extent does the proposal lead to stronger and/or new connections?
- Expected impact on the 4TU RE Community;
To what extent does the proposal clearly explain how the activities and outputs will benefit the 4TU RE Community?
Applicants will be informed about the outcomes of the selection process before the end of July 2020. When you are selected, you can apply for reimbursement of a part of your travel cost up to an amount of € 1.000,- for EU citizens and € 2.000,- for non-EU citizens. Applicants who replace a research visit by other forms of engagement and cooperation because of the covid-2019 virus, may propose to use some of these funds for other purposes.
For general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of specific questions, please contact the coordinator of the participating universities: