- To become an international leading knowledge centre in Resilience Engineering;
- To create and facilitate a Resilience Engineering movement.
4TU RE wants to create awareness around resilience; make resilience an important basic principle for system design and an essential starting point for the governance of these systems.
- To bring scientists and engineers from different research areas together;
- To develop, apply and disseminate knowledge, methods and tools;
- For making the complex social-technical-environmental systems in societies more resilient.
For our DeSIRE programme we aim to achieve the following (over the duration of the programme 2018-2022):
- Turning fragmented efforts into an (inter)national stronghold on resilience;
- Establishing a Resilience Academy to convert knowledge into innovation and social impact;
- Creating a foundation for a flourishing and world-leading Resilience Engineering research programme.
View the full DeSIRE mission statement.