Information on scientific sessions
Friday, June 7, 13:30-15:00h
Dr. Maaike Snelder (Delft University of Technology) and Prof. dr. Eric van Berkum (University of Twente)
Road, air and public transport systems are critical infrastructure for our society and economy but are also vulnerable to disruptions. Transport resilience is the ability to prepare for and adapt to changing conditions and withstand and recover rapidly from disruptions (PPD-21). In this session, four presentations will be given that focus on the resilience of different modes of the transportation system. After that, we will discuss with the audience what kind of interventions can be taken to improve the resilience of the entire transportation system.
Format of the session
The session will consist of four 20 minute technical presentations (including Q&A). After this, we will reserve 10 minutes for plenary discussion.
- 13:30-13:50h Resilience of Road transport networks
- 13:50-14:10h Resilience of Public transport networks
- 14:10-14:30h Resilience of the World Airline Network by Trivik Verma (TU Delft)
- 14:30-14:50h Resilience of Freight Transport by Wenhua Qu (TU Delft)
- 14:50-15:00h Plenary discussion
Back to the overview or register now.