Do you want to collaborate with your 4TU colleagues and make societal impact? Then submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) for the HTSF call 2021!
Deadline for Submissions: October 6, 14.00 hrs.
The 4TU.Federation, made up of the four Universities of Technology of the Netherlands, is committed to strengthening and pooling technological knowledge in the Netherlands. The first edition of the High Tech for a Sustainable Future (HTSF) programme was shaped around these ambitions and will end in December 2022. The 4TU.Federation now aims to award a new set of theme based research programmes through the next HTSF call.
High Tech for a Sustainable Future - call 2021
The goal of the High Tech for a Sustainable Future programme is to stimulate structural and sustainable collaborative theme-oriented research between the four TU’s on topics that require 4TU collaboration and for which it is currently more difficult to acquire funding externally (i.e. new or high risk topics). The societal relevant research programmes attract and develop new and diverse talent for the four TU’s and aim to deliver societal impact through scientific breakthroughs. After a funded start-up period of five years, research should continue without 4TU.Federation funding. The programmes strive to increase visibility and impact of the 4TU.Federation in society.
Important characteristics of the programmes
- Programme duration: 5 years, after which they should become financially independent
- All four TU’s are involved and will host at least 1 Tenure-Track position
- All Tenure Track positions are funded for three years and have commitment from the faculty (WU: department) to maintain the Tenure Track position
- All Tenure Track positions are supported with a starting package, worth 1 PhD-position
- Expressions of Interest (EoI, about 1 A4) can be submitted by a minimum of 2 universities; see details in the attachments
- Main applicant of the EoI and the full proposal is a senior scientist with a permanent position at one of the four TU’s. The main applicant of the full proposal will be the programme leader
- Themes awarded in the previous HTSF programme are excluded - see * below
- External funding is possible, but not necessary
Important steps & expected time line
- Deadline Expression of interest - October 6th 2021, 14.00 hrs.
- Call for full proposals - November 2021
- Matchmaking around themes - December 3rd 2021
- Full proposal submission - March 11th 2022, 14.00 hrs
- Evaluation and selection of proposals - April/May 2022
- Start Programma - January 2023
Webinars/ question hours
- Wednesday, September 8, 9.00-10.00 hrs, Click here to join the meeting
- Tuesday, September 21, 16.30-17.30 hrs, Click here to join the meeting
- Friday, October 1, 12.30-13.30 hrs, Click here to join the meeting
* Current HTSF Programmes
DeSIRE: Designing Systems for Informed Resilience Engineering;
Precision Medicine: Integrating Multiscale Functional Imaging and Advanced Machine Learning;
Pride and Prejudice: Chronic disease prevention through real-life monitoring and intervention design;
Plantenna: Innovative sensors for plant stress and environmental strain for sustainable vegetation and farming;
Soft Robotics: Next generation soft robotic systems