Co-organisor 4TU.CEE looks back on a successful online SEFI2020 conference. This year's theme was 'Engaging Engineering Education' and all about engaging young people to embark on an engineering career in this rapidly changing society.
The conference offered a wide variety of topics and sessions to its 365 attendees. Many of them engaged in the online debates or socialized in break-out rooms. Did you not get the chance to join? Two keynotes from this year’s event are now available for all:
- "Focus on the exit to keep them in. Career development at the start of engineering education" by professor Greet Langie (KU Leuven)
- "Climate change teaching and the COVID-19 crisis" by professor Gerard van der Steenhoven (KNMI, University of Twente)
Read the SEFI2020 blog series
The SEFI2020 blog series gives you the opportunity to get up to date on what has been discussed in the other keynotes too. With thanks to 4TU.CEE researchers who wrote them.
- SEFI2020 Doctoral symposium: connecting as a newcomer (by Xin Ming)
- Empowering engineering students - keynote Greet Langie (by Casper de Jong)
- Escaping reality: the value of A in augmented reality- keynote Pierre Dillenbourg (by Marta Gavioli)
- What can COVID-19 teach us about climate change and how to embed this in education?- keynote Gerard van der Steenhoven (by Laura Menschaart)
- The state of the art is not enough- keynote Ruth Graham (by Nina Bohm)