On this page PhD students within (Higher) Engineering Education are listed.
This list is regularly updated and may not be complete. If you are or know a PhD candidate that should be on this list, please contact us.
PhDs within (Higher) Engineering Education
- Marcel Claesens - Programma evaluatie bij innovatie van een ingenieurs opleiding. (TUD; 1995)
- Diana Vinke - English as the medium of instruction in Dutch higher education. (TUD;1995)
- Maarten van de Ven - Instructies bij Computersimulaties in het Technisch Onderwijs. (TUD; 1998)
- Liesbet Veenstra - van Dijk - Effectiveness of activating students in mass lectures. (TUD; 2001)
- Renate Klaassen - The International University Curriculum: Challenges in English-medium engineering education. (TUD; 2001)
- Josje Knoop - Digitale sTUdiekeuzecoach. (TU/e; 2008)
- Gillian Saunders - Study of Delft Aerospace Alumni. (TUD; 2008)
- Jean Paul van Staalduinen - Education and Games. (TUD; 2012)
- Fons DeHing - Preparing students for workplace learning in higher engineering education (TU/e; 2012)
- Ton Marée - Scripted Collaborative Enriched Skeleton Concept Mapping to Foster Meaningful Learning (TU/e; 2013)
- Saskia Bakker - Design for peripheral interaction (TU/e; 2013)
- Migchiel van Diggelen - Effects of a self-assessment procedure on VET teachers' competencies in coaching students' reflection skills (TU/e; 2013)
- Pierre Gorissen - Facilitating the use of recorded lectures: Analysing students’ interactions to understand their navigational needs (TU/e; 2013)
- Sonia M. Gomez Puente - Design Based Learning - Design-based learning: exploring an educational approach for engineering education (TU/e; 2014)
- Jolien van Uden - The Teacher as Linchpin: The Teacher’s Perspective on Student Engagement (UT; 2014)
- Chantal Velthuis - Collaborative curriculum design to increase science teaching self-efficacy (UT; 2014)
- Maartje van den Boogaard - 'Towards an action-oriented model for first year engineering student success: a mixed methods approach'. (TUD; 2015)
- Heleen Miedema - Design of a Technical Medicine Curriculum (UT; 2015)
- Elise van Dooren - Coaching students in Design Education (TUD; ongoing)
- Robin van Oorschot - Education for Entrepreneurs within Engineering and Design Institutes (TUD; 2018)
- Robert Ovbiagbonhia - Fostering student’s innovative capacity in undergraduate Building Technology Education (TU/e; ongoing)
4TU.CEE PhD candidates
- Inken Gast - Team-based professional development: possibilities and challenges of collaborative curriculum design in higher education. (UT; completed 2018). Supervisors: prof. dr. J. van der Veen; dr. K. Schildkamp & prof. dr. S. McKenney.
- Rike Bron - Teacher teams and team learning processes (UT; expected end date 2022). Promotor: prof. dr. ir. B. Veldkamp; daily supervisor: dr. M. Endedijk.
- Bram Vaessen - Intermediate assessment in higher engineering education (TU/e; ongoing, expected end date: spring 2020) Promotores: prof. dr. P. den Brok & prof. dr. L. Lemmens, daily supervisor: dr. A. van den Beemt.
- Marta Gavioli - Hands on Learning in Structural Mechanics (TUD, ongoing, expected end date: spring 2021). Promotores: prof. ir. C. Bisagni, prof. dr. P. den Brok; daily supervisor: dr. R. Klaassen.
- Ljubov van Beek - Self-directed learning in Higher Education (TUD, ongoing, expected end date: winter 2021). Promotores: J. W. Strijbos, prof. dr. M.J. de Vries; co- promotores: dr. D. Kostons & dr. M. van den Boogaard; daily supervisor: dr. M. van den Boogaard.
- Kostis Karanasios - Designing authentic learning environments to educate the future engineer (TU/e; ongoing, expected end date: 2022). Promotor: prof. dr. J. Vermunt; daily supervisor: dr. G. Bombaerts.
- Priyanki Pereira - Student driven learning: self and peer regulation (UT; ongoing, expected end date: 2022). Promotores: dr. K. Schildkamp, prof. dr. ir. B. Veldkamp.
- Marloes Vreekamp - Teacher learning during the University Teaching Qualification trajectory (WUR; ongoing, expected end date: 2023) Promotor: prof. dr. P. den Brok; daily supervisors: dr. P. Runhaar & dr. J. Gulikers.
- Nina Bohm - Living labs in engineering education (TUD; starting sept 2019). Promotores: prof. dr. E. van Bueren & prof. dr. P. den Brok, daily supervisor: dr. R. Klaassen.
- LinLin Pei - An effective professional development model for higher education institutions - Support for instructors on blended learning development (Expected end date June 2026). Supervisors: prof. dr. K. Schildkamp, prof. dr. ir. N. Benes, dr. C. Poortman
- Xin Ming - Interdisciplinarity in action: Constructing and enacting interdisciplinary engineering education (Expected end date January 2024). Supervisors: prof. dr. ir. J. van der Veen, prof. dr. Ir. M. Boon, dr. M. MacLeod
- Kishore Sivakumar - Promoting higher order thinking skills in engineering education for interdisciplinary research (Expected end date June 2025). Supervisors: prof. dr. Ir. M. Boon and dr.ir. M. Orozco