Project introduction and background information
Three proposing organisations of TUe (innovation Space, the GO Green Office and Technology for Global Development) agree that an educational offer focused on a sustainable future should have a greater presence and prevalence at TU/e.
There should be a concrete and targeted strategic plan to increase the students’ opportunities to acquire a systemic thinking regarding sustainability in all engineering fields and to experience its practical application and impact in real-life projects.
A three year project was defined. The present project covers the first year.
Objective and expected outcomes
Establishing a competence framework
- Overview of (scientific) literature on available, state of the art frameworks
- Benchmarking report of frameworks used by peer institutions
- Motivated choice of framework to be used
- Evaluation report of position of TU/e versus the chosen framework
- Evaluation report of position of peer institutions versus the chosen framework
- Co-creation sessions with students and staf
- A compact shared vision of where TU/e wants to stand
Strategy Development Phase Work Packages
Key Elements definition
- Knowledge and competences our students will need at the different levels
- Overview of key elements for future education; including priority.
Co-create key elements.
- Detailed content and implementation plan for all elements
- Developed pilots, ready to be executed
Development plan second year
- Plan for second year; including project structure, required resources etc.