Academic year 2017/2018
The main changes with respect to the previous academic year are:
- The programs in Delft and Twente now have almost the same set of core courses.
- Special programs in Delft, such as Cyber Security, now have their own common core.
- The program now offers advanced courses on Network, Software, and System Security, and on recent developments, such as the Block chain, and Internet of Things.
Five new courses are on offer:
- ANS-Delft: Advanced Network Security - Doerr - TUD:CS4155
- BCE-Delft: Block chain engineering - Pouwelse - TUD:CS4160
- BCT-Twente: Block chain and Distributed ledger Technology - Everts - UT:201700079
- SyS: System Security - Tews & Picek - TUD:CS4150, UT:201700086
- SSH: Security Services for Home Networks Pras & Hesselman - UT:201700083
One course has a new lecturer:
- CoE: Computer Ethics - Macnish - UT:191612680, TUD:UT191612680
Three courses have a new name, a new teaching method, and / or a new code:
- LBS has been renamed to PAS: Dynamic and Static Program Analysis for Software Security - Erdweg - CS4106
- Nes-Twente is now called Ins-Twente: Internet Security - Pras & Sperotto - UT:201700074
- Q201 has become a MOOC and has new course code in Twente Q201: Quantum communication and cryptography - Wehner - TUD:CS4090, UT:201600016
Two existing courses have more formal prerequisites than before:
- CDA: Cyber Data Analytics - Verwer - TUD:CS4035, UT:201500037
- SeV: Security Verification - Huisman & van de Pol - UT:201500039, TUD:UT201500039
The Integration week and the Mentoring by alumni courses have been renamed, given new course codes and extended to a set of three capstone courses covering 5EC in total.
- CpS: Capstone CybSec Social skills - Hartel - TUD:CS4185-S, UT:201700201
- CpE: Capstone CybSec Entrepreneurial skills - Scholten & Khodaei - TUD:CS4185-E, UT:201700202
- CpB: Capstone CybSec Business skills - Hartel - TUD:CS4185-B, UT:201700203
The scheduling of some courses is non-standard:
- SeV is offered as an individual research project and can be followed in every quarter.
- There is a capstone course event approximately once a month.
The most relevant web pages that describe the program in force until the end of academic year 2016/2017 are still available here:
- The course program describes the courses on offer until the end of the academic year 2016/2017
- The schedule describes how the courses were scheduled
- The syllabi of the courses that underwent significant changes are SeV, CDA, IWk, and MbA.
Academic year 2016/2017
Two courses have been advertised but they have been withdrawn:
- ECS-Delft: Ethics and Cyber Security - van den Hoven, Pieters, Warnier
- ES4: Embedded System and SCADA Security and Survivability - Haverkort - UT:201500077, TUD:UT201500077
One course was taught in academic year 2015-2016 only:
- PDP: Principles of Data protection - Zannone - TUD:CS4080, UT:201500035
The course SoS: Software security - Visser & Etalle - TUD:CS4105, UT:201500032 as taught in academic year 2015-2016 has been replaced by two new courses, one for students in Twente and one for students in Delft: