The Stan Ackermans Institute is an affiliate member of the Association of Engineering Doctorates (AEngD) – the UK-based organisation which promotes the value of the Engineering Doctorate (EngD) to government, industry and commerce.
The Association of Engineering Doctorates established its steering group in 2010 and has grown to encompass almost all of the 28 EPSRC-designated industrial doctorate centres at UK universities. A community engaged in research in engineering and related disciplines, it aims a.o. to:
- promote acceptance and recognition of Engineering Doctorate (EngD) degrees within host institutions and industry
- promote excellence and maintain the quality of EngD degrees
- develop wider and more strategic industrial research collaboration
- recruit sufficient and suitable top quality research projects
- attract and recruit high calibre Research Engineers (REs)
The affiliation between Stan Ackermans Institute and AEngD establishes a wider and more strategic industrial research collaboration and builds international links across the engineering research community.