The 4TU.Centre for Engineering Education (4TU.CEE) is the centre of expertise for teachers and scientists with questions and ambitions in the domain of Engineering Education at the four universities of technology in the Netherlands. 4TU.CEE wants to jointly inspire stimulate, support and disseminate effective and high quality Engineering Education through research and application of evidence-based innovations within the Engineering Education domain.
This is being done through a range of activities: mapping recent innovations, trends, tools and (didactic) insights; initiating own research on educational innovations; disseminating tools, research results and best practices via the 4TU.CEE website and by participating in or organising events and congresses in engineering education and contributing to journals; organising inspiring events for teachers; and maintaining an (international) network.
4TU.CEE is looking for a communication officer that can help in communicating and promoting its activities. Experience with prior communication tasks in the university context and/or a background in or willingness to develop in strategic communication is helpful, as is experience with cms systems and a high proficiency in English. The role of communication officer 4TU.CEE is expected to take about 8 hours on a weekly basis on average, with some variation depending on the activities organized and time of the year.
More specific tasks include the following:
- Updating the 4TU.CEE website and adding messages (news, personnel, events, collecting publications)
- Assisting in the creation of content, lay-out and spreading of the 4TU.CEE electronic newsletter (every 2 months) and 4TU.CEE blog
- Creating and disseminating communication around specific organized events, such as website texts, brochures, subscription pages on website, emails, promotion via screens at the universities (typically 1 or 2 events each month)
- Assisting in the creation of 4TU.CEE reports or publications, including editing texts and selecting photos or other visual materials.
- Managing the 4TU.CEE email account
- Making notes of the 4TU.CEE board meetings (every 2-3 months), providing input for the agenda on communication matters
- When relevant provide input and publish material via social media.
- Managing and maintaining the 4TU.CEE corporate identity; acting as reference point and contact for questions about communication and correct use of logo’s, templates of 4TU.CEE
- Maintaining contact with relevant networks (such as LDL-CEL, UWUU, 4TU general) to detect and use opportunities for communication
- Maintaining contact with local coordinators, leaders and support staff of 4TU.CEE
VACANCY HAS BEEN FILLED