Project introduction and background information
During this online workshop participants will get acquainted with the elements the influence group dynamics and how these play out across various cultures. Participants will reflect on the pedagogical and didactical principles that underpin a learning environment that leads to collaborative intercultural engagement in the international classroom. By developing a specific learning activity (or a set of learning activities) you will learn how the quality of the subject matter learning of your course or module can be enhanced by attending to intercultural learning.
Objective and expected outcomes
The objective of this project:
- awareness of the opportunities and challenges of the international classroom
- knowledge and understanding of group dynamics and how these play out across various cultures
- understanding of the pedagogical and didactical principles to create a learning environment in which students feel invited to engage with and learn from diversity
- module or course-based solutions for integrating intercultural learning into the subject matter.
Results and learnings
Enhance the quality of your module or course by reflecting on pedagogical and didactical principes and developing a specific learning activity or set of learning activities.
- For 4TU lecturers; Educational developers and staff
- PhD's who teach.