Learn how to teach your students intercultural competencies.
A 2-day course designed for teaching staff at 4TU universities
This workshop is fully booked. It is no longer possible to register.
‘Teaching in the International Classroom’
This course is designed to help teaching staff at universities learn to teach their domestic and international students core intercultural competencies. Students need to learn these in order to interact more effectively and appropriately with the culturally diverse student population and lecturers they are encountering in today’s international classrooms and will continue to encounter during their future careers. This course is offered by 4TU.CEE in cooperation with ESC Education Support Centre Wageningen University.
You will develop:
Four core competencies:
- Increasing cultural self-awareness
- Increasing awareness of others within their own cultural contexts
- Cultivating and developing capacities to identify, understand, manage, communicate and apply emotions effectively and appropriately
- Practicing techniques for ‘’bridging cultural gaps’’ in order to interact effectively and appropriately with culturally different others
Lecturers of 4TU who have experience in lecturing or providing tutorials. You should have some familiarity with issues and challenges encountered in teaching students in international classrooms. The course will also be appropriate for teaching staff who have had some experience but no formal training in how to respond to the issues and challenges they encountered.
- Judith McKimm MA, Cross-cultural Communication, Vienna
- Drs. Marijke van Oppen; Intercultural Trainer, Wageningen University, 4TU.CEE
Please note that only a limited number of places is available for this training.
Date: 21 and 22 March 2019
Location: WUR Campus, Impulse building, room Ncounter
Costs: Lunches on both days are included, but costs for dinner and an optional overnight stay in a hotel are for own expenses.
Registration: This workshop is fully booked. It is no longer possible to register.
More information: contact 4TU.CEE@wur.nl