+31(0)6 48 27 55 61
Registration is closed, for specific interest or questions please send email to 4TU.Energy coordinator - Dr.Sha Lou: email@example.com
To provide PhD students in 4TU.Energy community with insights on “System, Sustainability and Societal Aspects in the Energy Transition”, 4TU.Energy is organizing a 2 days PhD course on 20 and 21 November 2023 in the NH Hotel Utrecht.
This course is focused on PhD students and will use the format of combining lectures and workshops. A scientific committee will be responsible for the course design and give the main sessions during the 2 days on various timely topics; additionally, different stakeholders e.g. industry/company will also be invited to give presentations.
Scientific Committee members of 4TU.Energy PhD course 2023:
- Dr. Pedro Vergara Barrios, TU Delft, Intelligent electrical power grids
- Dr. DuJuan Yang, TU/e, Energy smart system in built environment
- Dr. Canan Acar, UTwente, System modeling/transition/integration
- Dr. ir. Keerthivasan Rajamani , UTwente, Heat transfer/Refrigerator
- Dr. ir. Akbar Asadi Tashvigh, WUR, Biomass/Hydrogen fuel cell
- Dr. Mattijs Smits, WUR, Sustainable energy/Energy policy
Date : 20 and 21 November 2023
Place : NH Utrecht hotel
Subject: System, Sustainability, and Societal Aspects in the Energy Transition (3SET)
Overall Learning Objective:
- To have a common knowledge basis for PhD students across 4TU.Energy.
- To have a better overview of the topics of system, sustainability, and societal development in the energy transition and its complexity
- To learn the skills for understanding, applying, analyzing and evaluating the effects of technical, economic, social, and governance influences on energy transition
- To learn how to understand the current situation and evaluate future opportunities/requirements for the energy transition in next 5 years
Target audience: 45 PhD students within 4TUs
Important information before you go to the registration form:
- This first edition of 4TU.Energy PhD course has limited spots for 45 PhD students, FULL=FULL
- The 2 days course is continuously organized on 20 and 21 November 2023, it is completely free of charge, but €200 has to be charged if the deregistration for Day Program is received after 20 September 2023 or if no show-up on the course, in order to align with the hotel cancellation and reduction policy.
- The Day Program (10 A.M.-17:30 P.M.) includes keynote presentations, speeches from different stakeholders, and the main sessions from the scientific committee, it is mandatory to attend all the sessions in the day program in order to facilitate good learning results.
- There is also the option to join the Dinner on 20 November from 18:00-19:00, for the opportunity to network and socialize. Dinner is free of charge based on your indication in the registration form, but €50 has to be charged if the deregistration for dinner is received after 19 October 2023 or if no show-up on the dinner, in order to align with the hotel cancellation and reduction policy.
- The Evening Program - the student game (free of charge), is in the progress of design, the carry-out of the game has to be dependent on how many students registered for this session; therefore, please indicate if you would like to join this evening program from 19:00-21:00 on 20 November in the registration form.
- Accommodation is not provided, since the location is within 2min walking distance from the Utrecht central train station which is in the middle of the Netherlands. You are advised to arrange your accommodation if needed by yourself as early as possible to avoid the peak congress season of November.
- Pre-course materials will be shared with you at the beginning of November, to your email address that is used for registration.
- There is a possibility to receive free online Pitch skill training before the course, so on the 20 November morning, these skills can be put into practice during the pitch session, and hopefully not only your hard skills but also your soft skills can be improved by joining 4TU.Energy PhD course.
Prof.dr.ir. David Smeulders
Dr. Sha Lou
Eindhoven University of Technoloy
De Zaale 2 Eindhoven
5600 MB Eindhoven