4TU.AMI aims to stimulate and encourage academic collaboration. Strengthening the community will increase the impact of our research. Therefore, 4TU.AMI has allocated part of its budget for events between the four Dutch technical universities (Delft, Eindhoven, Wageningen, Twente) and the University of Groningen (UG). Examples of possible events include workshops, mini-symposia, colloquia and summer schools. Furthermore 4TU.AMI has created the opportunity to apply for funding for writing a research proposal.
Preconditions for funding
Applications for funding should include co-applicants from at least two of the five aforementioned universities in order to be considered for funding. Only academic staff from the mathematics departments/groups of these universities can submit a request for funding.
Applications will be ranked according to their scientific merit, visibility in the community and relevance in strengthening collaborations within 4TU.AMI. Co-organization of events and research proposals across the four TUs and UG is stimulated.
The amount of funding is usually between € 2500 and € 5000 for each event. In individual cases, the 4TU.AMI Management Team may allow higher requests.
The procedure consists of two main steps:
- Download the request form for organizing a scientific meeting or writing a research proposal.
- Complete this form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can be submitted continuously. Applications will be evaluated by the 4TU.AMI Management Team during their bimonthly meetings. Applicants will be notified of the decision on acceptance within two weeks after the decision has been made.
Step 2 when applying for funding for organizing a scientific meeting.
After a funded event, 4TU.AMI expects to receive:
- An invoice together with a financial statement documenting the event.
- A short scientific report.
- A popularized summary of the proceedings that can be used for presentation on the 4TU.AMI website and a possible press release.
- Some photos of the event.