4TU.NIRICT: Leveraging the synergy among ICT disciplines toward top-quality ICT research
4TU.NIRICT will participate in NWO ICT.OPEN 2023 in Utrecht, April 19-20, 2023 and will showcase some past and present research activities from the NIRICT community, as well as outlining our vision for future actions. We organize a presentation session and will participate in poster sessions.
ICT.OPEN provides an opportunity for scientists from all ICT domains to present their ongoing research, learn from each other, and meet with the technology enthusiasts from academia and industry. In this two-day event, participants can enjoy many activities, including keynotes, posters, demos, and oral presentations. Technical tracks organized in various themes cover many hot topics from Responsible AI to Cybersecurity and from Quantum Computing to 6G.
NIRICT presentation session will start with a brief introduction of NIRICT and possible opportunities for researchers to implement their innovative research leveraging various ICT disciplines, in particular Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. The presentation session will host speakers from past and present research projects by the NIRICT community on three areas of current focus in line with the Netherlands Knowledge and Innovation Agenda 2020-2023: health, agriculture, and energy. The session is also meant to act as an invitation to participation in these focus areas from the wider ICT community in the Netherlands. Moreover, three projects and activities funded by NIRICT will be presented in the poster sessions.
We invite everyone to participate in the sessions and explore the opportunities NIRICT and our community can offer toward performing top-quality ICT research with a high impact on our society and industry.
April 20, 2023, 2-3pm
Presentation Session: 4TU-NIRICT: Leveraging the synergy among ICT disciplines toward top-quality ICT research
- Opening/ Introducing NIRICT: Suzan Bayhan, University of Twente (UTwente) and Vasilios Andrikopoulos, University of Groningen (UG)
- Health theme: FLOW; Measures of breastfeeding and infant sucking behaviour, Juliet Haarman, University of Twente (UTwente)
- Energy theme: Ultra-low-power edge intelligence, Marc Geilen, TU Eindhoven (TU/e)
- Agriculture theme: Green soil sensor towards sustainable future smart agriculture, Congcong Sun, Wageningen University and Research (WUR)
- Closing: Suzan Bayhan, University of Twente (UTwente) and Vasilios Andrikopoulos, University of Groningen (UG)
- Dutch Touch: Judith Weda, University of Twente (UTwente)
- Demand Flexibility in Cyber Physical Energy Systems: Nataly Banol Arias, University of Twente (UTwente)
- DEI4Embodied AI: Cristina Zaga, University of Twente (UTwente)
Registration is open!