Model-based approaches promote the use of models and related artefacts, such as simulation environments and experimental platforms, as central elements to tackle the complexity of building software-intensive systems. The widespread use for large and diverse settings (including large ecosystems and multi-disciplinary systems of systems such as embedded, cyber-physical, medical, aerospace and enterprise systems) leads to challenges in the development and management of these heterogeneous systems, and calls for advanced modelling and model management approaches. These have been addressed, though in a relatively disjointed manner, in different communities such as software engineering, systems engineering (notably INCOSE1), modeling & simulation, and engineering design. We would like to bring these communities together to promote cross-fertilization.
- Önder Babur, Post-doc TU/e Math. and Computer Science Model-Driven Software Engineering firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maarten Bonnema Assoc. Prof. UT Engineering Technology Systems Engineering & Multidisciplinary Design
- Bedir Tekinerdogan Full Prof. WUR Social Sciences Information Technology
- Michel Reniers Assoc. Prof. TU/e Mechanical Engineering Control Systems Technology
- Imre Horvath Full Prof. TUD Design Engineering Cyber-Physical Systems
- Ger Schoeber Lecturer, Partner HTI, INCOSE, System Architecting
- Jian Guo Assist. Prof. TUD Space Engineering Space Systems Engineering