The Dutch Touch society includes researchers from Dutch universities who study touch, representatives of companies specializing in haptics (e.g., Elitac, Vilans), artists, and other practitioners working with touch. Dutch Touch aims to strengthen collaboration between 4TU researchers and practitioners beyond academia. Dutch Touch is the place to exchange ideas, share current research, plan future activities, and support each other, consequently increasing the impact of 4TU research. The 6th meeting will be focused on finding inspiration and establishing priorities for the future touch research and introducing new PhD and MS students into the community. This meeting will be a full day dedicated to dialogue, demos, and a workshop (no lectures or presentations). One expert will be invited from abroad to share experience and ideas with the Dutch community. In 2022 we also aim to create the Dutch Touch community website to enhance visibility of the community in the field.
- Dasha Kolesnyk – Postdoc at Human Media Interaction group, University of Twente
- Judith Weda - PhD at the Human Media Interaction group, University of Twente
- Gijs Huisman – Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Industrial Engineering, TU Delft
- Jan van Erp – Professor at Human Media Interaction group, University of Twente
- Merel Jung - Assistant Professor at the department of Cognitive Science & Artificial Intelligence, Tilburg University; 4TU alumni (University of Twente)
- Sima Ipakchian Askari - Vilans, 4TU alumni (Eindhoven University of Technology)