The aim of this proposed project is to leverage small team interactions further and extend these to the creation of digital content. In particular, we attempt to build tools and to find a way of working during small-scale interaction that also has spin-off for audio and video material that is suitable for dissemination.
This project made use of the current approaches for generating content (esp. audio/video, test etc.) and wanted to achieve a more efficient way of teaching. Therefore there is a need for more efficient content creation methods and a need for sharing generated content in very small modules to ensure flexibility and ease of adaptation to local needs.
- A small-scale setup to capture audio and video in F2F contacts with small groups of students and to make the audio visual content available efficiently. This set-up will include a video and audio telecom server that ensures an easily accessible and permanent Internet presence.
- A variety of tools (e.g. scripts, automatic conversion) to facilitate easy creation of content that fits with new Internet media.
- A community of students and teachers who share their knowledge, results, insights via a hybrid form of social media (facebook) and a cumulative content portal (CWTe website, youtube, recorded oral presentations, Wikipedia)
- A number of EE courses in which these tools have been tested and adjusted iteratively. An evaluation of this approach and its impact on educational quality and efficiency for students and teachers will take place.
- An additional expected outcome is the dissemination of results at EE department level, TU/e and also at 3TU level (e.g. 3TU annual conference/TU/e educational day, EE educational day and EE colloquium ‘Horizon EE’).This is meant to share experiences on ‘good practices’
- The project used more efficient ways of creating content
- It enabled a more active participation of students, because they could generate content themselves
- The method for efficient creation of video content (virtually real-time from existing interaction/lectures/coaching) tested, promising but needs further improvement