With this project we want to achieve lecturers having identified, exchanged and implement didactical approaches that evoke and strengthen intrinsic motivation of bachelor students.
1) Combining expert knowledge of ESD-staff (Linda Luchtman and/or Ellen Torfs) and experiential knowledge of lecturers of BIN-courses on didactical approaches that can evoke and strengthen intrinsic motivation.
2) Organizing three activities:
- Activity 1: organizing a kick off workshop on “CAR” (with ESD-staff and lecturers of bachelor courses) in which:
- ESD-staff present scientific research and examples on Competence, Autonomy and Relatedness (CAR) that are considered as three key elements of didactical approaches that evoke and strengthen intrinsic motivation;
- Lecturers of bachelor courses present practices that can evoke and strengthen intrinsic motivation;
- Lectures use the insights from ESD-staff and experiences of colleagues to identify concrete didactical steps on how to stimulate an active study attitude of bachelor students.
- Activity 2: within 4 weeks after the workshop, lectures (the coordinator of the course) can apply for “fuel money” to prepare and organize an adaptation of the didactical approach of a bachelor course.
- Activity 3: organizing a “didtheCARmoveworkshop” (with lecturers and a selection of students of bachelor courses) in which:
- lecturers share how they have used insights and ideas from the workshop to adapt their didactical approach in a course
- selection of students give feedback on the way and extent to which they experienced that the course has stimulated an active study attitude
3) Start and continuation:
The following organization and sequencing of activities are proposed:
First series: organizing activities with the lecturers of B1, B2 and B3 courses (that are given in period 1, 2 or 3)
- Activity1 in April-May 2017.
- Activity2 in June 2017. Implementing of concrete plans at course level Sept 2017 to January 2018
- Activity3: Evaluation in March 2018.
Second series: organizing activities with the lecturers of B1 and B2 courses (that are given in period 4, 5 and 6)
- Activity1 in April-May 2018
- Activity2 in June 2018. Implementing of concrete plans at course level February 2018 to July 2019.
- Activity3: Evaluation in September 2019.
To stimulate an active study attitude of bachelor students by evoking and strengthening intrinsic motivation of bachelor students.
For more information or recommendations, please contact email@example.com.
The plan can stimulate an active study attitude of bachelor students by evoking and strengthening their intrinsic motivation, starting with the first year of the bachelor.